Saturday, January 19, 2008

January Card Swap - Tricia




Okay here is the card that I made for the family card swap. I am actually pretty proud of them:) Its amazing how easy and quick making four or five cards can be. The most stressful part of the swapping for me is choosing just one design! Well, that and leaving the creating until last minute. Mom and I decided we aren't going to do that anymore! I think that is why I wasn't as happy with the cards I made for the swap last year, if I didn't like them I didn't have anytime to make different ones.




Okay for the important info, how I made the card. I used a card template that I got for christmas and cut it out of white cardstock. I then measured half the card and cut a piece of the green with white polka dot paper and glued it over top. I know you can't see it in the picture but the dots are raised and it gives a little texture to the card. That paper is from the mat stack called Nana's Kids. I absolutely love the paper in this pack!! HL had a 50% off sale on their paper and I picked it up for 9.99. I would never pay the retail of 19.99 for it because it only has 48 sheets but at 10 it was practically a no brainer. It you haven't seen it before I totally recommend taking a look at it when you are in the craft store. Anyways, I cut the flower using my cricut cartridge tags, bags and boxes at 2.5 inches. The letters are the george cart at 1 inch. Oh, and if you haven't figured them out already the letters are the initials of the people in the group:)


~Tricia

0 comments: