Saturday, January 19, 2008

Wall Decor



This is my own twist on those wall-decor-phrase things. I wanted something a bit more scrappy and homemade and this is what I got. I did my last name, but it's also really cute to do with first names and buttons instead of ribbons. Just use what you have. I ran to the hardwood store and bought a scrap piece of wood, some paper and some letters to make it easy on myself. I also used some brown paint I had lying around to make the letters a uniform color. The dots are actually flowers I had. So if you want to break away from the oh-so-popular rub ons make it yours and make it fun!

3 comments:

The Jessee Journal said...

hey chels. How about a description. What is it made of? I can't tell in the pic! Thanks :)

The Rowleys said...

I guess I didn't explain too well. I just glued on some scrap paper on a hunk of wood and the glued on the ribbons and letterings. I saw a cute version of this where it was a plain pink background with white buttons coming in from teh sides

The Jessee Journal said...

no, it's my fault. When i looked at it the first time, your description didn't show up! thanks :)