Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Valentines gift



Trent and I have a $5 limit for gifts each year for V-Day so I generally make him a card and then some treat like dark-chocolate dipped nuts. This year, rather than make a card I decided to do a scrapbook layout -- something that will be looked at much more than my cards ;) I know this isn't incredibly original -- I think every scrapper has (or will eventually) do one version of this. Still it turned out pretty cute considering I made it only from scraps and things I had around the house (those are my fav. layouts! Actually using the stuff I have :) Just a side note: TRICIA, you haven't posted yet for Feb. You're slacking!
The embellishments are silver heart brads and two heart charms. Two scraps of ribbon and the rest is paper. I typed my strips on the paper using all different fonts which looks really fun (though you can't tell in the pic). The title is Stamped and looks a little weird becuase I didn't have a lot of paper or time to mess with it. I would have used a dif. pic than a wedding one, but that is the last couple pic (professional) that I have of us. Lame huh? :)

1 comments:

The Rowleys said...

I did something like that for Jordan and I's year dating mark. Instead I put rub-on phrases on four wine glasses (we both love wine glasses) and wrote 50 reasons why i loved him/ couldn't wait to marry him. I cut out the strips, crinkled them and put them in the wine glasses. It took Jordan over a week to read it because he was trying to make it last.